PEOPLE & CAREER DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION (SINGAPORE)
The People & Career Development Association (Singapore) was officially launched on January 11, 2018 as the Singapore’s association for career development practitioners, and other professionals interested in career development. Since its inception, more than 100 people have joined the PCDA membership, with many more expressing interests to be part of this Association. They include Human Resource personnel, teachers, trainers, recruiters, line managers, company executives, and others.
PCDA’s Vision is “Impacting Societies through Career Development”
And Mission is to:
- Promote and advocate for Career Development in Singapore
- Advance Career Development practices in Singapore
- Ensure sustainability to promote members’ interests and benefits
Since its formation, the following have been achieved:
- Developed a Career Development Code of Ethics suitable for Career Development Practitioners working in Singapore, and PCDA members who are mainly Singaporeans/Asians.
- Initiated four research and action-based studies to understand the career development situation in Singapore as basis for further action, as well as develop indigenous materials for local use.
- Partnered the Workforce Singapore, a statutory board in Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower, to organise Community of Practice events for the local career development community.
- Supported the Asia Pacific Career Development Association (APCDA) to compile a Glossary of Career Development Terms for career practitioners in the Asia Pacific region.
- PCDA has made a successful bid to host the 2022 APCDA Conference in Singapore
Moving forward, PCDA plans to:
- Organise events to promote career development, and advance the practices in Singapore, in partnership with other relevant associations where suitable
- Establish alliances with regional and international Career Development Associations to share and exchange knowledge for mutual benefits.